As most of you probably know on 27th May Microsoft announced the first public Community Technology Preview (CTP2) for SQL Server 2016. The version can be downloaded here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-sql-server-2016
This versions brings a number of new features and a lot of enhancements for existing ones.
Since we in bwin keep up-to-date on the latest technology releases we already tried the new version and want to share our impressions with you and the public SQL Server community.
Therefore we are inviting you to join the event SQL Server 2016 CTP2 First Impressions on Thursday, 25th June at 14.00 in the bwin Event Zone, Marxergasse 1B, 1030 Vienna.
In our sessions we’ll present and demonstrate new features and enhancements in SQL Server 2016. Here is the agenda:
- 14:00 Doors opening
- 14:15 Keynote or few words from the Event Organizer
- 14:30 First Session by Milos Radivojevic: SQL Server 2016 – What’s New for Developers?
- Temporal Tables in SQL Server 2016
- JSON Support in SQL Server 2016
- In-Memory OLTP from Developer Perspective
- Query Store and Live Query Statistics
- Dynamic Data Masking
- 16:00 Break
- 16:30 Second Session by Rick Kutschera: SQL Server 2016 – What’s New for Database Administrators?
- Columnstore Indexes in SQL Server 2016
- In-Memory OLTP from DBAs Perspective
- Row-Level Security and Security Enhancements
- High Availability and Other Enhancements
- 18:00 End of the program and get together
Please use this link https://www.eventbrite.de/e/pass-austria-sql-server-community-special-sql-server-2016-registrierung-17368085411 to register for the event.
Thank you and see you there!